My name is Mikael Wigen a.k.a MindGem. I’ve been working full time as an illustrator and graffiti artist for 20+ years. Art is my hobby, my passion and my job. You can find my art in commercials, video games, on toys, sporting equipments, product designs and of course on a lots of logotypes and brands out there.
Quick promo for my other stuff:
- Youtube. Check my Youtube channel for my latest graffiti videos.
- Font Store. In my store I sell full A-Z Graffiti Alphabets.
- The Graffiti Creator is a free, online graff app I made back in 2000.
- Portfolio. I’m not restricted to Graffiti art, I do traditional paintings and other stuff.
Still got questions? firstname.lastname@example.org
Pick one of my Featured font styles. Colors of your own choice.
You’ll pay 50% up front and the remainder upon approval and delivery.
3 revisions is included in the price. Additional revisions $10 each. Revisions are restricted to colors, layout and elements outside the letters. Not font style or elements within the letters.
The end result is high resolution bitmap. About 4000 pixels at 300dpi. File formats are jpg, transparent png and the layered Photoshop file. (Text design will be separated from background but flatten within itself).
Vector nodes are not provided although you are allowed to convert to vectors yourself.
The price include up to 10 letters. Additional letters are $50 each. Check all my custom design samples so you have a good idea of what you can expect to get.
You’ll pay 50% up front and the remainder upon approval and delivery.
You have 3 revisions included in the price. Additional revisions is $25 each.
The end result is high resolution bitmap. About 15000 pixels at 300dpi. File formats are jpg, transparent png and the fully layered Photoshop file.
Copyright Release Agreement
1. The License grants you, the purchaser, an ongoing, non-exclusive/exclusive (depending on your order) , worldwide license to make use of the digital Artwork you have purchased. Read the rest of this license for the details that apply to your use of the Artwork.
2. You are licensed to use the Artwork to create End Products.
The End Product may be Sold. The Artwork may Not be sold or licensed.
3. An End Product is a customized implementation of the Artwork, requiring an application of skill and effort. An End Product is also in nature different than the Artwork. Example, A Magazine is the End Product and the Artwork is the logotype for the Magazine or a T-shirt may be the End Product and the Artwork is the printed design on the T-shirt.
What are you allowed to do with your copyright?
- You can print/publish for commercial and private use.
- You can create End Product.
- You can use the design as promotion for products /services as long as they comply with clause 12.
- You can Sell any number of End Products.
- You can combine the Artwork with other works and make a derivative work from it. The resulting works are subject to the terms of this license. You can do these things as long as the End Product you then create is one that’s permitted under clause 3.
What are you Not allowed to do with the Artwork?
- 8. You can’t re-distribute the Artwork as stock, in a tool or template, or with source files. You can’t do this with an Item either on its own or bundled with other items, and even if you modify the Item.
- 8b. You can’t re-distribute or make available the Artwork as-is or with superficial modifications.
- 9.Although you can modify the Item and therefore delete components before creating your single End Product, you can’t extract and use a single component of the Artwork on a stand-alone basis. For example: You can’t sell, publish or print 1 (a single) font-letter by itself. if the original Artwork was more than that.
- 10.You must not permit an end user of the End Product to extract
the Artwork and use it separately from the End Product.
The nitty gritty! Other license terms
11. For some Artwork, a component of the Artwork will be sourced by the author from elsewhere and different license terms may apply to the component, such as someone else’s license or an open source or creative commons license. If so, the component will be identified by the author in the Artwork’s description page or in the Item’s downloaded files. The other license will apply to that component instead of this license. This license will apply to the rest of the Artwork.
12.You can only use the Artwork for lawful purposes. You can’t use the Artwork in a way that creates a fake identity, or in a way that is defamatory, obscene or demeaning, or in connection with illegal subjects.
13.This license can be terminated if you breach it. If that happens, you must stop making copies of or distributing the End Product until you remove the Item from it.
14.The author of the Item retains ownership of the Item but grants you the license on these terms.
This license is between MindGem Graphics and you.
Exclusive versus Non-exclusive copyrights?
The only difference is that with Non-exclusive we (MindGem Graphics) retain the right to produce, sell, alter, print or publish the same or variations of the Artwork.
For Exclusive copyrights we give up our rights to you meaning that we can only publish the artwork as part of promotion or showcase item for our design service. We will not sell, print or publish your design in any other way.
Q: What’s the turnover?
A: Usually I can have your design finished over the day but expect 3 workdays turnover.
Q: Is this Vector Graphics or Bitmap graphics?
A: This is Bitmap graphics. I don’t provide vector nodes. (You’re free to convert to vectors yourself though).
Q: What about copyrights?
A: For Standard text, backdrop and character designs you’ll get Non-exclusive copyright. You have the option to upgrade to Exclusive copyright within 30 days after completion for an additional $100 USD. Custom text designs always come with Exclusive copyright.
Q: Will I be able to edit the design later?
A: Yes* For Standard designs your text and background will be separated but flatten within themselves meaning you can’t edit elements within the design or move a single letter around but you can replace the background or edit the layout later. For Custom designs all elements will be on separate layer so you’ll have full control.
Q: Can I have some letters in lower case and some in upper case?
A: Most of my Standard fonts have A-Z or a-z. But ask and we’ll see. (For custom designs you can get anything you want).
Q: Is the design large enough for a t-shirt print or a canvas print?
A: Indeed. For Standard Designs your final image is approximately 4000×4000 px in 300 dpi. Each letter is approximately 575×800 px / 5×8 cm / 2×3 inches big in 300 dpi. For Custom Designs your original file is about 15 000 px at 300dpi. Large enough for about 3 meter / 10 feet print without notable quality loss. (Note that this is Bitmap, same as photographs so images will lose quality when blown up larger than its original size).
Q: What does dpi stand for?
A: Dots Per Inch (How many pixels there are within a square inch).
Q: Do I get prints with this design?
A: Not from me, I only draw the design for you and send over the high resolution files
to you so you can print it locally on canvas, t-shirts, vinyl or whatever you can think of.
Q: I don’t have a Paypal account, what can I do?
A: No problem, just let me know and I’ll send over an invoice provided
by Paypal you can pay with any major credit card.
Q: Can I purchase a character/backdrop only?
A: Only for Custom characters. For my featured characters I require the character to be part of a text design. The character will also not be separated in your layered Photoshop file.