Quick bio of me; My name is Mike Wigen a.k.a MindGem. I’ve been working full time as an illustrator and graffiti artist since 2001. Before that I have an extensive education in art, all in all I went to 6 different schools in arts, crafts, computer graphics and programming. Art is my hobby, my passion and my job. You can find my art in commercials, video games, on toys, sporting equipments, product designs and of course on a lots of logotypes and brands out there.
Quick promo for my other stuff:
- The Graffiti Creator my very old online graffiti app.
- Youtube. I’ll upload graffiti related videos here occasionally
- Font Store. Get some swag! I sell full A-Z Graffiti Alphabets.
- Portfolio. I’m not restricted to Graffiti art, I do traditional paintings too.
Follow me on social media:
- Instagram (Now just focused on my traditional oil paintings)
- facebook I had 175.000 followers but I’m never, ever on Facebook so don’t bother going there 🙂
Still got questions? firstname.lastname@example.org
Pick one of my Featured font styles. Colors of your own choice.
You’ll pay 50% up front and the remainder upon approval and delivery.
3 revisions is included in the price. Revisions include colors, layout and removing of elements. Font outlines or font changes is not included. Should you in the extremely rare occation need further revisions an additional $25 is added per revision sheet.
The end result is high resolution bitmap. About 5000 pixels at 300dpi. File formats are jpg, transparent png and the layered Photoshop file.
Most items will be flatten to prevent future modification but text and characters will be separated from the background so you can still re-arrange the layout freely.
Vector nodes are not provided.
Custom text designs after your own ideas are $400 for up to 10 letters.
Additional letters are $25 each. Check all my custom design samples so you have a good idea of what you can expect to get.
The process is made up by three stages, concept sketches, detailed sketch, digital high res. Step by step design process explained.
You’ll pay 50% up front and the remainder upon approval and delivery.
You have 3 revisions included in the price. Additional revisions is $25 each.
The end result is high resolution bitmap. About 15000 pixels at 600dpi. File formats are jpg, transparent png, raster pdf and the fully layered Photoshop file.
Full Exclusive Copyright is always included in custom text designs.
The copyright is for life without future fees.
Copyright Release Agreement
1. The License grants you, the purchaser, an ongoing, non-exclusive/exclusive (depending on your order) , worldwide license to make use of the digital Artwork you have purchased. Read the rest of this license for the details that apply to your use of the Artwork.
2. You are licensed to use the Artwork to create End Products.
The End Product may be Sold. The Artwork may Not be sold or licensed.
3. An End Product is a customized implementation of the Artwork, requiring an application of skill and effort. An End Product is also in nature different than the Artwork. Example, A Magazine is the End Product and the Artwork is the logotype for the Magazine or a T-shirt may be the End Product and the Artwork is the printed design on the T-shirt.
What are you allowed to do with your copyright?
- You can print/publish for commercial and private use.
- You can create End Product.
- You can use the design as promotion for products /services as long as they comply with clause 12.
- You can Sell any number of End Products.
- You can combine the Artwork with other works and make a derivative work from it. The resulting works are subject to the terms of this license. You can do these things as long as the End Product you then create is one that’s permitted under clause 3.
What are you Not allowed to do with the Artwork?
- 8. You can’t re-distribute the Artwork as stock, in a tool or template, or with source files. You can’t do this with an Item either on its own or bundled with other items, and even if you modify the Item.
- 8b. You can’t re-distribute or make available the Artwork as-is or with superficial modifications.
- 9.Although you can modify the Item and therefore delete components before creating your single End Product, you can’t extract and use a single component of the Artwork on a stand-alone basis. For example: You can’t sell, publish or print 1 (a single) font-letter by itself. if the original Artwork was more than that.
- 10.You must not permit an end user of the End Product to extract
the Artwork and use it separately from the End Product.
The nitty gritty! Other license terms
11. For some Artwork, a component of the Artwork will be sourced by the author from elsewhere and different license terms may apply to the component, such as someone else’s license or an open source or creative commons license. If so, the component will be identified by the author in the Artwork’s description page or in the Item’s downloaded files. The other license will apply to that component instead of this license. This license will apply to the rest of the Artwork.
12.You can only use the Artwork for lawful purposes. You can’t use the Artwork in a way that creates a fake identity, or in a way that is defamatory, obscene or demeaning, or in connection with illegal subjects.
13.This license can be terminated if you breach it. If that happens, you must stop making copies of or distributing the End Product until you remove the Item from it.
14.The author of the Item retains ownership of the Item but grants you the license on these terms.
This license is between MindGem Graphics and you.
Exclusive versus Non-exclusive copyrights?
The only difference is that with Non-exclusive rights we (MindGem Graphics/Mike Wigen) retain the right to produce, sell, alter, print or publish the same or variations of the Artwork.
For Exclusive copyrights we give up our rights to you. We will not sell, print or publish your design in any other way other than as a showcase item for self-promotion.
Q: What’s the turnover?
A: Usually I can have your design finished over the day but expect 3 workdays turnover.
Q: Is this Vector Graphics or Bitmap graphics?
A: This is Bitmap graphics. I don’t provide vector nodes. This is not vector graphics.
Q: What about copyrights?
Q: Will I be able to edit the design later?
A: Yes* For Standard designs your text and background will be separated but flatten within themselves meaning you can’t edit elements within the design or move a single letter around but you can replace the background or edit the layout later. For Custom designs all elements will be on separate layer so you’ll have full control.
Q: Can I have some letters in lower case and some in upper case?
A: Most of my Standard fonts have A-Z or a-z. But ask and we’ll see. (For custom designs you can get anything you want).
Q: Is the design large enough for a t-shirt print or a canvas print?
A: Indeed. For Standard Designs your final image is approximately 5000 px in 300 dpi. Each letter is approximately 575×800 px / 5×8 cm / 2×3 inches big in 300 dpi. For Custom Designs your original file is about 15 000 px at 600dpi. Large enough for about 3 meter / 10 feet print without notable quality loss. (Note that this is Bitmap, same as photographs so images will lose quality when blown up larger than its original size).
Q: What does dpi stand for?
A: Dots Per Inch (How many pixels there are within a square inch).
Q: Do I get prints with this design?
A: Not from me, I only draw the design for you and send over the high resolution files to you so you can print it locally on canvas, t-shirts, vinyl or whatever you can think of.
Q: I don’t have a Paypal account, what can I do?
A: No problem, just let me know and I’ll send over an invoice provided
by Paypal you can pay with any major credit card.
Q: Can I purchase a character/backdrop only?
A: Only for Custom characters. For my featured characters and/or backdrops I require the character to be part of a text design. The character will also not be separated in your layered Photoshop file.